POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : glass horse : Re: glass horse Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: glass horse
From: ingo
Date: 1 Dec 2004 12:37:21
Message: <Xns95B2BD6EDB86Fseed7@news.povray.org>
in news:41adcf16$1@news.povray.org Jim Charter wrote:

> love it.  the whole piece, modelling and texturing, has an expressive
> ease. a sense of relatively simple means resulting in a visually rich
> image.

Thanks.
What I aimed for during modelling was to not create a perfect realistic
horse, but a slight abstracion of it. Kind of like what a horse could
look like in a somewhat 'naive' painting or a cave painting.

It could be an interesting experiment to try and abstract a horse as far
as possible, but without turning it into some stick figure .... mmm.

> though i am not too surprised.  you don't seem to post much but
> visits to your site have always reminded me that you are talented and
> well informed with images as well as programming.

Thanks again. Sadly I have way too little time and, to be honest, not
enough persistence to do more in 3D. There's too many other interesting
stuff.

Ingo